What do I need from my sponsor to apply?
- You will need documentation stating that your sponsor served in the US Navy in Aviation Commands for a minimum of 8 years. You may use an ODC, DD-214, Electronic Training Jacket or Fit-reps. Please see our application tab for more detailed information.
What criteria do you use to select winners?
- We have 6 equally weighted categories: scholastic achievement, extra-curricular activities, work/internships, community service, recommendations and essay.
Can I receive a scholarship if I already get financial aid?
- WOASF scholarships can be used only for tuition charged by the college. If you receive partial funding through state grants or other scholarships that reduce your unmet tuition need to less than the WOASF scholarship award, the original award will be reduced as to not exceed unmet need for tuition.
- If you receive a service academy appointment or a full scholarship through school or ROTC, you may not receive the WOASF scholarship.
- WOASF awards may not be used to cover other unmet needs such as, but not limited to, room, board, transportation, books, health fees, etc.