Disability Benefits and College Students

Do you receive Disability as part of your separation from the Service?  You might be surprised to know that your disability check is based on the number of dependents you have and when your child(ren) turns 18 and still attends school, you must file VA form 21-674 in order for them to count in the calculation of your disability benefits.

Here is a website source that can explain it https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/add-dependents.asp and here is the link to the form https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-674-ARE.pdf

This is something WOASF just learned about and thought we would pass along to our community.  If you have further questions, please reach out to the VA directly or to your child’s Veteran’s Affairs office at his/her college or university.

Loading Conversation

Other Tuesday Tips

Aug 22, 2018, 11:03 AM
Military members and their dependents have several education benefits, the most widely know is the Post-9/11 GI Bill. But does…
Aug 28, 2018, 10:01 AM
We all have seen links with great resources for our military family, but this one corrals many in one place.
Oct 2, 2018, 8:53 AM
Yesterday was the opening of the FAFSA Application. You know that’s important, but you’re not sure why. Here’s a bit of…
Oct 9, 2018, 3:48 PM
What is the CSS? Well, no one knows what the letters stand for, but it is a supplemental financial aid form that goes beyond the…
Wings Over America YouTube link
donate now